< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Apron Chronicles: A Patchwork of American Recollections

"...a traveling exhibit comprised of photographs, text in story form and 200 vintage aprons.

Prompted by project writer and apron curator EllynAnne Geisel, the contributors to Apron Chronicles recall a woman who'd worn an apron and what she represented to a family; an event when an apron was worn; recipes; values and traditions from gentler, less complicated times; the bond between parent and child; survival; friendship; opportunity; challenge, and modern perspective. "

2 Comments:

Blogger CallaLilly said...

My favorite article of clothing is my apron. It's almost like a security blanket for me - O.K. so I'm a little wacko. My apron is an old fashioned cobbler style (because I can be a messy cook), and the print is of lots of china pieces - plates, cups, etc.- that was made by nuns in a convent.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Your apron sounds so nice. Mine is just a plain, blue chef's apron which I have worn so much it has a few holes in it. Soon I hope to sew myself a new one. I like this one at Simplicity - http://www.simplicity.com/designFrame.cfm?designId=10220&design=5201 .

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home