< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Eating Sugar Cane

My family has an unusual hobby: we pick items unfamiliar to us from the produce section of the grocery store and take them home for investigation. This week our suspect was sugar cane. I had eaten some in Kindergarten but my husband and children had never tried it. Being the head cook of this ship, it fell to me to figure out how to eat this thing. A search of the internet located a very interesting website, "Produce Oasis," where you can look up different produce items and find out how each is used, what to look for and avoid when picking them out, seasonal information, and tips and trivia. As far as the sugar cane is concerned - it was like chewing sweet, soft wood and not near as fun as I remembered it from Kindergarten.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I wish I could but, as a native Floridian who doesn't travel out of state much, I've never had the chance. Are you offering some? :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Thanks for the great tip. Sounds like fun and my 4-year old loves cooking. He is not fond of eating but he likes cooking.
I am so glad I found another Christian homeschool blog. I will be back!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home