< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Chai

After reading this post on Chai, I decided I wanted to make my own. I've never drunk it and didn't even know what it was until I read the post. After reading more about Chai at Wikipedia, I attempted it. If you are a Chai expert, you may wish to skip the rest of this post as my Chai inexperience may offend you.

I boiled a cup of water and some spices. I used lots of nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. I removed the pot from the eye and added 4 cups of milk. I brought the pot barely back to a boil. I removed the pot from the eye. I added two English Breakfast tea bags and put the lid on the pot to steep. After a few minutes, I squeezed the tea bags out and poured the "Chai" into mugs. In each mug I added 2 tablespoons honey and stirred.

Overall, I liked my Chai. It was something different. My guinea pigs...I mean, my kids...liked it, too. I think next time I will try chilling it before drinking it because we aren't used to warm milk at our house and that was a little weird for us. I also think I will use cinnamon sticks (which I didn't have) and add sugar instead of honey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Try adding cardamon and cloves for a more exotic flavor. My kids love it!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Samara said...

oh, YUM. I am going to try this right away- I've made horchata (with almond milk) but have not attempted chai on my own :)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home