< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Tuesday, July 12, 2005


Friends and I played with these bugs when I was a kid. We'd collect dozens of them and build little homes and such for them. We called them Roly-polies because they would roll up into a ball when scared. Needless to say, that wasn't their real name. They're pill bugs. I just found that out today after finding them on BugGuide.net. The website looks helpful for naturalists trying to identify a mysterious bug. BTW, I still think they should be called Roly-polies.

Thanks to Coffee and a Muffin for the link.


Blogger barbara curtis said...

I agree - they are and always will be rolie-polies.
But, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw one. Is it because we have a lot of birds where I live?

6:54 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I agree too .... rolie-polies they are. :-)

8:03 PM  
Blogger prayzgod said...

I actually have an infestation of rollie pollies in my house. Is that good, or bad? :-)

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home