< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Monday, August 29, 2005

Q & A: What is P&P3?

Q. Anonymous said...
what are you talking about? english, non-jane readers wise here? I've seen pride and prejudice movies out there ......... and what is P&P3?
A. Anonymous,

P&P3 is the upcoming theatrical release of Pride & Prejudice starring Keira Knightley, Matthew MacFadyen, Brenda Blethyn, Donald Sutherland, Tom Hollander, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone, and Dame Judi Dench. According to the wise and wonderful Republic of Pemberley, the 1940 movie with Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier is P&P0. The 1979/80 BBC miniseries is P&P1. The super fabulous 1995 A&E miniseries starring Jennifer Ehle and My Mr. Darcy, Colin Firth, is P&P2. That leaves us with the newest adaptation as P&P3.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, it's just different versions of the same thing? It's not a continuation .... ya know, like Star Wars 1, 2, 3? It's just a updated version ... or remake ... of the original?

(sorry, I don't mean to sound dumb or anything. I've heard a lot about Jane Austen books ... but I'm just getting around to reading them. I'm reading Sense and Sensibility right now ... Pride and Prejudice is next)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

You've got it. They're all just remakes. It would be nice if they were sequels, though. You don't sound dumb at all. A few years ago I didn't know what P&P2 was either. I read "Emma" first. It's great. Very funny.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home