< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Vintage Scarves



Ask any fashionista and she'll tell you that scarves are very popular right now. They can be worn many ways: as a hat band, tied around the neck, through belt loops, as kerchiefs, on ponytails, or (my personal preference) as headbands. About a year ago, my mother-in-law blessed me with her stash of scarves - many older than my husband. I had never had a scarf and wasn't really interested in them but, not being one to look a gift scarf - I mean horse - in the mouth, took the pile home and stuffed them in a dresser drawer. Recently, as I was looking for a new way to wear my hair I realized that a scarf would make a more comfortable headband than the sharp-toothed, plastic ones I normally wear. Being that I always just wear what I like, regardless of fashion trends, you can imagine my surprise when my scarves-as-headbands started drawing attention from strangers. Each person was shocked to hear that said scarf was a vintage castoff courtesy of my mother-in-law. It just goes to show you that one woman's junk is another woman's fun fashion accessory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I love wearing a scarf around my head, too, but the silk ones are actually owned by my husband! He uses them as neck kerchiefs for re-enacting. I'm a vintage clothing junkie. Those scarves are so neat!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home