< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Saturday, July 02, 2005

This Week in Review

(June 26, 2005 - July 2, 2005)

Sunday: I spent the day doctoring H, who had his four wisdom teeth out last Friday and developed dry socket, and D, who has swimmer's ear from her swimming lessons.

Monday: Laundry Day. Tried to get caught up on dishes. Watched a DVD with H.

Tuesday: Finished up laundry. Watched a DVD with H. The family went to Barnes & Noble to browse and H and I had coffee. Finally, I remembered to bring proof of homeschooling and was able to get a teacher discount card for 20% off. Afterwards, H bought materials (to be picked up on Wednesday) for our family room & porch construction. Spent quite a bit of time tonight tweaking my templates for my blogs. Learned a new code: strike

Wednesday: H is still home from work - in agony from his dry socket - and he'll be missing class tonight, too. (He takes night classes for his BA degree.) The good news is D is nearly recovered from her swimmer's ear and is almost finished with the antibiotics. H took D & S to meet with the contractors and pick up the construction materials. Meanwhile, I got some peace and quiet to sip coffee, eat breakfast, and blog. Of course, I was nearly scared out of my skin when someone showed up and started walking around the house. I don't answer the door when H isn't here since a violent crime was committed against a neighbor (by another neighbor - juvenile) last December. It took a bit of courage to find out who the woman was - she was taking measurements of the house for our insurance company.

Thursday: H still home from work due to dry socket. He has been to the oral surgeon every day this week for packing. O.S. says it is finally looking better. H hopes to go to work on Friday. We went to Super Walmart and then to the newly-opened, local Cracker Barrel where H proceeded to accidentally swallow the packing. Oops! Luckily, he goes to get new packing tomorrow morning at the O.S. The wait at Cracker Barrel was 55 minutes so we got to look around plenty. Btw, Their coffee buttons candies are yummy.

Friday: H finally went back to work - right in time for the long holiday weekend. He's still in terrible pain. We hired new contractors for family room/porch construction. The old ones just weren't getting any work done. The new head guy, Hezekiah, is great. He said, "If the good Lord is gonna do his work in the afternoon, we'll be doin' ours early in the morning." He was, of course, referring to the summer rains we get in the afternoons in this area. The men worked very hard, were quite polite, and made wonderful progress. If it can just stop pouring every day, we just might get this building finished.

Saturday: H and I woke up late and had to rush to get the kids to swim class on time. D is doing well, as she has had swim lessons before, and S is improving. He stops swimming every few seconds to take off his goggles and wave to Mommy. He's such a cutie. To help prevent swimmer's ear, the kids wore ear plugs. I'm trying to finish up Amusing Ourselves to Death. I'm enjoying it. It's very deep and cautionary and more intellectual than the practical The Plug-in Drug, which I also enjoyed. I'm working on reviews for both books. I'm also reading and working through The Thinking Toolbox for Mind & Media. I can tell you that this is a great book. It says for 13-adult but my kids (7 & 9) really like it and easily understand it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to review The Thinking Toolbox, but Mind Media was all out. :-( So, I purchased a copy from the publisher. I just finished reading it a few days ago. It is indeed a great book. My 5 year old enjoyed some of the exerpts I read to him from it. :-)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home