< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Birdwatching

The household was a flurry of excitement today when we were visited by three Cardinals. I know Cardinals are common but they don't normally come to our yard. Usually, we have Eurasian-collared Doves, Mourning Doves, Northern Mockingbirds, and White Ibis. The children and I are birdwatchers who keep track of our finds and are constantly looking up unidentified birds in our Audubon book. The highlight of a recent day was spotting a Roseate Spoonbill (my favorite bird) at the pond in our subdivision. If you're interested in becoming a naturalist you should visit eNature, an incredible website where you can listen to bird calls, keep track of your nature finds, get free advice, and learn more about all of God's wonderful creations. Now, I'm off to search for my second favorite bird - the Painted Bunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home