< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Where Are Our Titus 2 Role Models?

Titus 2:3-5 "...the older
women
likewise, that they be reverent in
behavior
, not slanderers, not given to much
wine, teachers of good things-- that they admonish
the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their
own husbands, that the word of God may not be
blasphemed
. "

I was shocked and dismayed upon hearing of Mrs. Bush's recent remarks at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner, held April 30. I am a Republican and I like Laura Bush but I am saddened to see an older wife, who should know better, publicly ridicule her husband under the guise of entertainment. I know I should not be so surprised; after all, look how popular male-bashing is in these days of Everybody Loves Raymond, Desperate Housewives, etc. It can be tempting to make flippant comments about our husbands, especially amongst other wives, but we would all do well to remember the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I agree...it's sad. :( You know, I can't honestly say I am THAT surprised, though.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home