< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Friday, June 10, 2005

I've Been Tagged

Spunky has tagged me on books.

Q. Most books I've ever owned.
I currently own the most books I've ever had. Most of our bookcases (5) are filled with the children's books but I am slowly building my own library of classics. Thank God for used bookstores. As a small child I owned only two board books and Tasha Tudor's Book of Fairy Tales so I have become a bit of a book hog to make up for it but if I had to guess I'd say only about a hundred of our books are actually mine.

Q. The last book I bought.
Last night, I bought French Women Don't Get Fat. I had heard good things about it and wanted to read it but I was number 143 on the library waitlist for it so I broke down at Barnes & Noble and bought it. It's a great book and I will be blogging a review of it very soon.

Q. The last book I read.
French Women Don't Get Fat. I read a third last night and the rest today. I told you it was a great book (and also a very fun and easy read). I'm still in the middle of The Plug-in Drug, Nicholas Nickleby, and Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor.

Q. The five books that meant the most to me.
  1. The Bible, especially my favorite books, Proverbs and Matthew
  2. Emma - It was the first post-formal schooling classic I completed and helped save me from mushbrain.
  3. My Tasha Tudor Book of Fairy Tales. It was an oasis in the desert of my early childhood.
  4. A Lion to Guard Us - It was our very first family read aloud and the first book of our homeschooling adventure.
  5. Stepping Heavenward. It helped me learn about a wife and mother's special role and what a closer walk with God looks like.

Now, I tag Lucy, Crystal, Katherine Alba, Calla Lilly, and Candy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag. I was hoping someone would get me. :-) I put up a BIG post tonight, so I'll do my tag post tomorrow. :-)

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home