< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Friday, August 12, 2005

Another Week, Another Mary Kay


I'd like to know why every week I find a news article of a new female teacher arrested for committing sexual crimes against a male student. With few exceptions, these women have been young, blonde, and pretty. Pamela Rogers Turner of Tennessee (pictured above) is a perfect example. One of these teacher-rapists even taught at my old junior high school. Why is this such a trend lately and why haven't these women been treated like the evil, vile criminals they are? Turner is getting nine months in jail and eight years probation. Would this be her sentence is she were a man? I hear men lament that there were no "Mary Kays" when they were in school. If my son was a victim of a pedophile, man or woman, I would want that person to stay in prison until he or she was old and gray. Turner raped a thirteen year old child and all she gets is nine months in jail. Where is Justice and who removed her blindfold?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

I don't get this either. Although it was actually commonplace in the olden days (long long ago) It has no place in today's society. What I don't get is the fact that these women are GORGEOUS. They can have any guy they want...why the prepubescent kid?

12:20 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

We've been following this case closely here in TN. It's scary.

The sick part is that she will probably get a hefty offer from Playboy magazine when she completes her sentence.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Mama to 12, so far said...

Personal opinion here....
I believe they want to hold onto their youth. They are still living in the past and miss the days of school chums and school cheerleading squads...blah, blah, blah. I don't know. I think it is just sick!

You have a great blog by the way...

7:22 PM  
Blogger DonnaB said...

Stories like these are one of the reasons I homeschool!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Me too, Donna, me too. Of course, after I posted another teacher was arrested in Michigan and it turns out one in Indiana was arrested yesterday.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it had been a male teacher with a male student or a female teacher with a female student the sentence would have been longer.

People reason that the average 13-year old would have had sex with a member of the opposite sex in 2-3 years anyway so it isn't as bad.

But a 30 something male teacher and a 13 year old boy, people would have gone crazy.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me very mad because young boys are so easily tempted at that age. I have a son and would be devasted if his innocence was taken away by an older woman. How are these boys going to understand what a healthy sexual relationship is? These women have done irreversible damage and it might not become evident in the children's lives until later. I think all pedophiles should be sentenced to death. Ofcourse that would be politically incorrect.
-Zan

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home