< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Breakfast Menus

The morning goes smoother when there are few decisions for me to make so I made a breakfast menu and assigned a certain meal to each weekday. This plan has been going well. The kids like it because they know what they're going to eat each morning and I like it because they don't beg for the same breakfast food every day. I've added the breakfast menu to my control journal.

Monday: Cereal & fruit (We usually eat the Walmart brand of raisin bran, bran flakes, shredded wheat, corn chex, wheat chex, cheerios, or Kix. Mean Mommy forbids sugar cereals but sometimes Daddy overrides Mommy.)

Tuesday: Malt-O-Meal (with butter & sugar) & fruit

Wednesday: Oatmeal (usually has a fruit in it)

Thursday: Eggs & toast with butter & jam or Scrambled egg sandwich or Egg Toast a la Martha

Friday: Cream of Wheat (with butter and sugar) & fruit

6 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth Black said...

Good idea. Breakfast preparation time can leave me staring blankly at an empty counter too often!

This is sort of unrelated, but can you tell me how you get those neat little links to come up right in your text?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Bethgem,

When you are writing your post, highlight the text you want to be linked. Then, click on the link button at the top of your post box. It's the green circle with a chain link on it. A text box will pop up. It says hyperlink. Choose http and then paste the address you want to link to in the URL window. Be careful not to have "http://" twice or the link will not work. Let me know if this works for you or if you need some more help. :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Black said...

Hm. Perhaps we have different kinds of subscriptions. All I have at the top of my box is spell-check and add a picture. Thanks anyway!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Bethgem,

I went to the Blogger Help page and found these instructions for linking.

It says, "Notes: The hyperlink button is only present in Internet Explorer 5.5/Windows and newer, as well as browsers based on Mozilla 1.3 or late(Camino/Firebird/etc.).
If you are using a Windows browser, there is a keyboard shortcut to do the same thing. Select the text you want to link and then hit ctrl+shift+a."

Does any of this help?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Talulah said...

Another name for the Egg Toast is a Hole in One. I started making those last month after reading about it. My son loves them. I never would have thought of using cookie cutters!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

My mom would make what we called "Egg in a nest"(Hole in One) when we were growing up. It was our absolute favorite. The ultimate comfort food now that we are grown.:-) My mom would use a heart-shaped cutter for a special Valentines Day breakfast. Funny how the best memories are the little things that didn't cost a fortune.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home