< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Quest For a Good Flavored, Colored Lip Balm (Part 1)



I am on a quest for a good flavored and colored lip balm. It seems I can find one or the other but not both. My lips get dry and they're a little pale so I'd like a colored lip balm to wear daily around the house but I like a little zing in my life and want my lip balm flavored. Is this too much to ask?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Item 1: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb, purchased from Cracker Barrel. At under $4, the price wasn't too bad. I love many of Burt's Bees other products (Milk & Honey Body Lotion, Body & Bath Oil, Fruit-Flavored Lip Gloss, Beeswax Lip Balm, Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme, Coconut Foot Creme, and Hand Salve) and thought I would love their Lip Shimmer, too.

Pros:

  • Feels light on my lips
  • Good visible color
  • 100% natural
  • Peppermint flavor
  • Leaves lips feeling tingly

Cons:

  • Waxy - feels waxy, tastes waxy, and waxy clumps break off
  • Lip balm twists up in the lipstick-like tube but doesn't twist down
  • My Rhubarb does not look like the color on the website
  • Doesn't glide on well

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Item 2: Love My Lips Lip Juice in Strawberry Blitz by Bari Cosmetics, purchased at Wal-Mart. The name reminds me of one of my favorite VeggieTales songs. At $1.99, the price was great. Unfortunately, while I do love my lips, I don't love this lip gloss.

Pros:

  • Wet shine
  • Nice squeeze tube with slanted applicator and screw on cap
  • Low Price
  • Glossy, not waxy

Cons:

  • Not natural
  • Smells like my old Strawberry Shortcake doll - which would be great if I was still 7
  • Tastes like regular Petroleum Jelly
  • Poor visible color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there a flavored, colored lip balm out there for me? Is Bonne Bell my only hope? Stay tuned to the further tales of my quest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I know of a nice tasting lip gloss..but it is pretty expensive. It is called Bobbi Brown and it is found in nice department stores. It is not too gooey and it tastes a little like peppermint.

I like it much better than Clinique or Lancombe. Both very gooey.

Donna

2:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Thanks, Donna. I'll keep that in mind. Although, from what I can tell from an online search, Bobbi Brown looks to be a little beyond my lip gloss budget.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BobbiBrown is good but my favorite is Lancombe Juicy Tubes. They are kinda expensive in the stores. I can get them at the AirForce BX for about $15 BUT.. I get them off Ebay alot for about 1/4 that cost and yes they are clean and not used and still sealed.

Those are my favs though.. not sticky and taste good.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought Neutrogena's new tinted lipgloss...it has sunscreen but no scent...sorry! It is good at keeping your lipsoft, it's not just a "lipgloss" it's a treatment thing...& the colors are soft & pretty.

God bless!
lottie

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home