< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Misleading Food Names

I love Wikipedia. Sometimes I just click on random article and meander around Wikipedia reading interesting tidbits of minutia. Yesterday, in addition to learning that Bonnie Prince Charlie is buried in St. Peter's Basilica and that Anglo-Saxons fleeing the Norman invasion settled in the Byzantine Empire, I came across a list of misleading food names. I was happy to finally learn the truth about Welsh Rarebit, Head cheese, and mincemeat. I've come across these foods frequently in my readings and have never known what they really were. Now I know and, if you click on the links, you will too.

BTW, I already knew what Rocky Mountain oysters were. I once heard Reba McEntire's wistful description of eating them as a girl. Eww.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wikipedia is excellent- Mrs. Happy Housewife, have you considered creating an entry for yourself? It could like to your blog :)

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home