< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Friday, August 05, 2005

Probably More Than You Really Want to Know - Part 2

Continuing where I left off, here are some more things you probably didn't know about Mrs. Happy Housewife:

21. I've had severe depression for the majority of my life.
22. I was born on an army base. (And my mother was born on an air force base.)
23. I hate diamonds. I think they're boring and I can't understand why they are supposed to be a girl's best friend.
24. My birthstone is a Garnet but I was supposed to have Amethyst.
25. In Junior High, I wanted to name my future daughters Amethyst, Christmas, and America and call them Amy, Chris, and Merry.
26. I tried to name my daughter Sunshine or Sunflower but H thankfully put his foot down.
27. I also tried to name my daughter Jadzia after a character on Star Trek:Deep Space 9.
28. I was not on drugs or alcohol when I made any of these naming choices. It would be nice in hind sight, though, if I could blame them on inebriation.
29. The first thing I remember reading was the Frank & Ernest comic strip. High class literature, really.
30. I hated Jane Eyre.
31. I have green eyes.
32. I used to dye my hair various, unnatural shades of red.
33. I have many freckles but only on my arms.
34. I am Irish, Scottish, English, American Indian, and a pinch German.
35. I love dogs.
36. I hate cats.
37. I'm allergic to all fur & feathers.
38. I prefer sunrise to sunset.
39. When I was scared when I was a kid, I'd sing "Jesus Loves Me."
40. My favorite artist is Claude Monet.

To be continued.

12 Comments:

Blogger CallaLilly said...

I really do want to know about you and enjoy reading these little info bites. :) When you say you don't like Jane Eyre, do you mean the movies (if so, which version), the book, or the person? This is funny because I watched a version of Jane Eyre while ironing yesterday.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Rosesandtea,

Thanks for saying you enjoy my blog. :) What were the names?

Calla Lilly,

I haven't seen the movies yet; I mean the book. My mom had me read it when I was 12 and I just didn't like it. I don't hate it like liver - more like waiting in line. Maybe I should say I strongly dislike it. I know I should read it again, in case my tastes have changed, but there are so many other books I haven't read at all that it's difficult to choose to read a book again which I don't even like. I always hear such nice things about "Jane Eyre", though. What do you think of it?

9:45 AM  
Blogger CallaLilly said...

Sadly, I've never read the book. I'm a voracious reader when it comes to nonfiction though. I have seen the following versions:
Orsen Wells as Mr. R
George C. Scott as Mr. R
Timothy Dalton as Mr. R
William Hurt as Mr. R.

My favorite version is the one with Timothy Dalton, but I like the Jane best in the William Hurt version.

One of the things that I love about the story is that although Jane loves Mr. R, she leaves him when she finds out he is married. And, "they all lived happily ever after" isn't so bad either.

Perhaps you would enjoy a movie version better as it can be difficult to understand the characters. I found the Timothy Dalton one at our local library.

My least favorite version is the George C. Scott, followed closely by the Orsen Wells one. The Timothy Dalton one also most closely follows the book.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Crystal Paine said...

Very interesting tidbits. I would have never guessed you've struggled with depression, though! You seem like an extremely cheerful, upbeat kind of gal!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Crystal Paine said...

By the way, in case you hadn't figured out by how many times I link to you and copy you on my blog, I love your blog. :) You are an inspiration to me. I really need to get set up with bloglines because I check your blog at least 4-5 times per day just to make sure I didn't miss the latest update!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Jane Eyre was very depressing in my book. Even reading it, you could almost feel the gloom. I have only seen Orson Wells version, but am not interested in more. Wuthering Heights was equally depressing. Those Bronte sisters must have had wonderful childhoods!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Crystal,

You are such a sweetie! I check your blog several times a day, too!

Calla Lilly,

Thanks for the movie recommendations. I'll check one of those out and see how I like it.

Sal,

Depressing. Yes, it was just too depressing for me. Also, I didn't like how convenient the ending seemed. Anyone here seen the movie prequel? I think it's called "Wide Sargasso Sea" or something like that. It was a strange movie.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love it when someone shares bits and pieces about themselves. I should do that, but I'm chicken.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also tried to name my daughter Jadzia after a character on Star Trek:Deep Space 9.

heh... being a trekkie I have to say that rocks... although a trekkie friend of mine named his son "William Thomas" after Commander Riker. I guess it's better than Jean-Luc.

Nice site, I'll subscribe to your feed and read your stuff. Drop by my place sometime at http://davedorm.com

11:51 PM  
Blogger Karen G. said...

Jadzia is a great Polish name--actually, a nickname for "Jadwiga"--a historic Polish queen. It wouldn't have been so bad, if you'd had some "Polish" is all that European ancestry. :-)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

krakovianka,

I understand Jadzia means "princess." Is that correct? Also, does your screen name mean "from Krakow"? While I'm at it, I want to say how much my family loves the AO curriculum. Thanks.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

I read The Wide Sargasso Sea. Depressing. :-)

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home