< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Money-Saving Tip: Cleaning Wipes


I've been trying to keep my bathroom cleaner, especially the mirror, sink, and counter area. I made these cleaning wipes to save time and to make the cleaning more convenient and easier. (The idea being that, if it's easier and faster, I will do it more often.)

Cleaning Wipe Recipe:
  • one roll paper towels
  • one plastic container
  • 1/2 C. Alcohol
  • 2 1/2 C. Water
  • 1 Tablespoon vinegar

I cut the paper towel roll in half and unrolled each half as I folded it into wipes. I didn't tear the sheets but left them attached. I placed one half of the paper towel roll (now folded) into the plastic container. Then, I mixed the alcohol, water, vinegar and poured half over the paper towels in the container. Voila, cleaning wipes! I've been using them to wipe down the counters, sinks, mirrors, doors, door knobs, etc. and I really like them. They have saved a lot of time and, yes, I have been cleaning the bathroom more frequently now.

5 Comments:

Blogger MamaBirdEmma said...

Hi Mrs. Happy Housewife!

What a great idea! I must say that I am hooked on the household cleaning wipes that one can purchese at the store... I think that they are Clorox brand. My goodness they are expensive though! I like the fact that you make your own! I will have to try that!

~Emma

1:32 PM  
Blogger CallaLilly said...

Does it make a difference what brand paper towels you use?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I used cheap-o Walmart paper towels. For general wiping, they're fine. If I was going to do a lot of scrubbing, I'd buy the thicker kind.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same'd go for making baby wipes as well .... except don't use alcohol or vinegar! Use baby oil and baby shampoo instead.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Oops, sorry that was me ... forgot to sign in

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home