< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.mrshappyhousewife.com/serendipity/" >

Monday, August 15, 2005

Q & A: A Good Cloth Apron

Q. Brandy asked:
I'm not really a fan of those oil-cloth aprons that you posted on not too long ago, but I'd really like to get an apron. Do you know of a site that I can find a good cloth apron?
A. I recently bought an apron from Kitchen Wear Aprons. They sell a one-size-fits-all pinafore apron. It covers all the way around and has two pockets on the front. Mine is sunflowers on a blue background. I don't see mine on their website any longer but the fabric of mine is very good quality. I was only used to chef aprons so the pinafore style took some getting used to. In the beginning, I went around asking the family if my apron made me look fat. I am very happy with it now that I am used to it.

Two other places to purchase aprons from are YesterYear Linens and Cottage Primrose Aprons. I am hoping to soon purchase a second apron from one of these two shops.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it is funny that you should post this today because I wore an apron for the first time today. Not really out of choice, but I got a job as a waitress at a Cracker Barrel. The servers wear aprons over our uniform. I really kinda liked it. I'm gonna look into getting one for around the house, one with deep pockets like the ones at work.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Thank you! I knew you had made several posts about aprons, but the only one I could find was the one on oil-cloth .... guess I didn't look back far enough, I was in a hurry afterall. :-)

I think when I do get one, I'll be getting one from the YesterYear Linen site .... I see a design or two there that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again for posting this! :-)

Brandy

9:31 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Brandy,

I'm glad I could help.

Anonymous,

Congrats on your new job at my favorite restaurant. Yes, aprons are very handy.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home